Thursday, February 5, 2009

Will it ever stop

I'm looking forward to getting walking - at least I will get some rest. 5 hrs alone yesterday to put the dinners together, each in a day ration. This makes life easy on the trail, makes sure that I eat the correct amount and allows me to easily drop a days worth of food if I run ahead of schedule.

Each contains
Pasta 120+g
Dried sauce 65g
Soup 35g
Dried vege 20g
Coffee 20g
Biscuits 35g

Approx 300+g total. Yeah, I can hear the sniggers now at OSRAM about the coffee. I figure after a days walking I deserve a treat. Hey Graham - what happened to the coffee machine as a leaving gift !!!

Then there was 3 hrs on the snack/lunch packing . Finally it is all done.
Snacks 160g
Lunch 160g

Together with breakfast at 130g, makes about 750+g / day. Target was 800g, so happy with that.

There is a cool change forecast for melbourne on sat night, so time to go. Have hired a car for Friday evening to Sunday evening to be to Melbourne and put in the Food drops at Kiandra, Omeo H/W, Mt Hotham and the Jamieson/Licola Rd. Last night from 11-2am I tried to route plan the food drops to make this work. "nowwhereroute" is showing it as 22hrs of driving plus a couple of hours for the drops, say 24 hrs. Guess I'm going to be busy this w/e.

Like I say - looking forward to walking for a rest and some early nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment