Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 25

Day 25
14k +700 -1300 Now camped at Black River. Bit of a bludge day as I
opened the drop box and celebrated surviving the last 5 days ex
Hotham. Toughest section to date. Good news is just 95k to go from
here. At drop box ate all sorts of goodies, removed some non
essential items from the pack (long johns. worn once, fleece, forecast
is 8 min, stove , used 3 times), patched up the groundsheet and
generally relaxed for 4hrs. Finally got going at 1 and true to form
the trail went bad as the end of the day approached. Took 3hrs to
move 5k, reaching the River with 30min of daylight. Just my luck, it
is one of those horrible snarled up, overgrown ones. Only thing for
it was to wade it, as not possible to walk the edge. Fortunately have
located about the one flat spot down here for a camp site. Now I know
why I camp high, and not on water.
Hoping for a straight forward day tomorrow- yeah right!

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment