Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 29


21k, finished just before 1pm. Looking up the Thomson River from the Iron Bridge. A straight forward day with the pleasant surprise that the distance was 4k shorter than Sisemans guide indicates. I did come through a section of track that was closed due to fire damage (how I missed the 'track closed' sign I can not understand). Most of it has already been cleared with a small dozer but there was a 300m section that was rather hairy. Was very excited to reach Walhalla but disappointed that I could not locate the start /finish sign. Still I had arrived and made my way to the cafe for a bite to eat and a coffee. On learning I had done the entire AAWT the lady at the cafe was astounded, I was only the second she had met in two years. She was able to offer shower facilities which were gratefully accepted. At the cafe were a couple passing through and mentioned they were heading home to Mel. I pleaded my case for a lift which they were happy to help me out with. More on that shortly. Very happy to be finished and back in civilisation.

No comments:

Post a Comment